Skip to main content

Are you in solitude or are you lonely?

There is something strangely peculiar about solitude. Interestingly, in physical world, solitude and loneliness share the same space. Think how a sort of emotion - happiness or, its opposite extreme, sadness render different perceptions to this physical space where one unites with the self.

This state of deprivation has many facets and thus nuances. I write this article in solitude and find it strange that when I upload it on my blog and make it accessible to strangers, I stand a risk of getting it plagiarised. I could have instead published it in a magazine or journal and have earned a byline. Or I might have instead saved it in my diary and 5 years from now when I 'd have had more interesting experiences to write about, I could compile them all and write a book - a greater probability of earning novelty. But as of now I have no such plans, no great story. So I'd just upload it in the online world of anonymity, make my blog appear more active, share on FB and rest myself in forgetfulness. And So I did. I am  not sure the source of traffic my blog receives, but considering my last post was about a year ago, if even 10 people I know read it, it'll be blissful to receive their feedback, appreciation - a distant dream. Divulging from one chain of thought leading to another, the essence of the matter is that I think all of this and write in solitude. A feeling that does not make me realize my state of being.

State of being? I had long imagined myself lying down on a virgin beach with my toes immersed in the sand, under the starry sky. The stars always cast their influence on me - and I have also begged a wish to a shooting star, I don't remember what I asked for but I have at least this much trust in me that even in the most casual or conscious-deprived mindset, I won't pray for anything that is to last temporarily. I am not sure whether my wish of sleeping on the bed of sand with a blanket of the stars was influenced by Zoya Akhtar's Zindagi Milega Na Dobara or not but as far as I can be sure - I guess it was much before the movie came. The only significant change it perhaps made was that now I saw a man sharing the space with me. On a reality check, this situation is no longer a mere figment of my imagination. I have lived it, only way differently - it's for you to judge whether for the better or the worse. I was lying down on a virgin beach with my feet immersed in the sand, under the starry sky, the sound of waves of the sea completed the movements of the strings of the guitar the American man with me was playing on the tunes of Ed Sheeran. We were wasting ourselves and in a group - Spanish, French, Americans, Ecuadorian and Indian. It was chilly and I was lonely. 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last part of this write up is amazing..... I love the way u think.... or the thought process.... Very poetic....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What took the court outside the court?

In a move that shook the ethos and established traditions of one of the crucial three pillars of the democratic apparatus, the Indian Judiciary, four most senior judges of the Supreme Court took to the public to address grievances that faced the institution. Supreme Court senior-most judges addressing the media on Friday, January 13, 2017 (Photo: Reuters) After the letter that honourable Justice J Chelameshwar, Justice Rajan Gogoi, Justice Madan B Lokur and Justice Kurian Joseph collectively wrote to Chief Justice of India Dipak Mishra went addressed, the top judges relied on the fourth pillar to bring forth issues that in the words of the judges themselves “adversely affected the overall functioning of the justice delivery system”. ALLOTMENT OF CASES The judges said that the CJI is only first among equal, nothing more or nothing less. They expressed concern over CJI’s way of assigning cases to the benches and deciding the composition of the same. Without going specific,

The Longest Day of My Life

November 30, 2015. Monday. 8:30, I woke up that morning to see everyone in my grandparents' room. Papa had called a doctor home to check Dada. Dadi had complained that He hadn't been eating properly since the last few days. I thought it was routined and I didn't stop to ask Dada if He was fine, I was in a rush to get to work, perhaps I lack expression. 11:11, I always happen to chance upon 11:11 and make a wish. The last weekend was too eventful and fun-filled and I didn't have a lot of work to catch up on Monday.That day I wished that I would wrap up work in time and spend the second half of the day with Dada, sit with Him and take Him to the park to take a stroll, he didn't like being enclosed. Old age had taken a toll on Him, for the last one year He had grown weaker. In that time He had also become fussy, He wasn't the same as He was 2 years ago. He kept Dadi busy all day long. I often used to worry about Him. Thoughts of Him gone would strike agai

Is real on reel really real?

Realism in International Relations denotes that the world politics is driven by competitive self-interest. In media, ethical representation governs that it should never be driven by self-interest. What you do for the self is a biased adaptation of reality, and reality on camera is fiction, not a fact. “The camera’s rendering of reality must always hide more than it discloses…only what which narrates can make us understand”, said internationally acclaimed ace photographer, Susan Sontag. The camera when it must have come into the hands of the elite few would have been used to capture the truth. Realism in arts refers to the depiction of truth. But depiction is not real and truth, not universal. The constant upgradation of camera and evolution of technology has led to the portrayal of a glossy fact, what may be a ‘fiction’ in reality. Why what is not shown is not shown, justifies for selective transparency. This reminds me how half truth is more dangerous than a lie. Your every